Sunday, June 1, 2008

Harry Potter in Audio Format


As I mentioned in my Narnia in Audio Format article, a well narrated book is a true delight. My all-time favorite books to listen to are the Harry Potter books, narrated by Jim Dale. I remember vividly trying to dream up new house work while I was working my way through one of the HP books. Finally, I gave up and plopped down on the couch, merely sitting and listening. I couldn't stop! Dale is one of the best narrators I've ever heard (and I've listened to a LOT of audio books). Whenever I actually read one of the books, I hear the characters in the voices he gave them. I must confess that I'd rather listen to him read the books any day than read them to myself silently. I even was disappointed in the first movie because the actors weren't saying their lines right (meaning, weren't using the same inflections/tones Dale used in his narration). If you're an HP fan, you MUST try these books in audio format. Each one is many hours long, but a true delight. Check your local library before hitting the road for summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Prove you're a real person, please.