Friday, June 20, 2008

Inexpensive Loose Tea

Recently, my husband and I ventured into a small Asian market. In addition to being a great source for all things Chinese he remembered eating when he was in China, it had an abundant supply of loose tea. This was very ordinary tea--plain green tea and oolong. I'm learning to like oolong, so I thought I'd give it a try. The bag I bought was $3.99: at home, I filled almost 3 quart-sized canning jars! The bags were simply plastic bags someone had filled with tea; no brand name, ounce equivalent, or anything like that. If you enjoy fresh loose tea, check out your local Asian/ethnic grocery stores. You might find a deal! (And, since I'm not an oolong connoisseur, I don't really know if the tea is outstanding, but it's definitely fresh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Prove you're a real person, please.