Monday, September 5, 2011

A Boy, A Dog, and a Frog

A Boy, A Dog, and a Frog (mini boxed set of 4 books)
Mercer Mayer
1976 (the boxed set)

I still have the little set of mini books I was given as a child. Oh, how I poured over these illustrations with my mom and sister. The expressions on the frog's face are priceless. A particular favorite is the scene in which frog realizes he's left all alone. For a couple of pages, he gets smaller and smaller until he's really quite tiny--yet you can still see his sad little expression. These little books are a true gem. If you can't get the mini books, the bigger ones will do. But there's something about the small size that makes them extra inviting to little hands. I find them in my children's beds all the time--evidence that some little person couldn't resist Frog's siren call for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Prove you're a real person, please.