Friday, September 9, 2011

Wave

Wave
Suzy Lee
2008

Our latest discovery--and one that my children have fought over. Each one covets the chance to take it to bed with him/her (yes, I do let them do that--even with library books!).

If you're longing for the beach now that school has started, pick up this little gem from your local library. I don't know how such seemingly simple illustrations can capture so much of the salt spray and the delight of waves crashing on the shore--not the mention the sheer movement of the water, but they do. Even my children picked up on it and none of them have any memories of actually standing on the shore. A wonderful recent addition to the wordless book scene.

What are YOUR favorite wordless books?

1 comment:

  1. I treasure this book. I iwsh I knew how she did the illustrations (in more detail than she reveals in the book).

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Prove you're a real person, please.