Monday, November 26, 2012

Dynamic Duo #5: Philip C. Stead and Erin E. Stead

Wow--this contemporary pair is cranking out beautiful book after beautiful book. I love it. I think between the two of them, they have three out this year alone! Winners of the Caldecott Medal for their book A Sick Day for Amos McGee, they continue to produce marvelous works. All of the books below are in my local library--even the ones just published. So, check them out. Their artistic styles are quite different from one another; I go back and forth as to whose I prefer. Erin's are quiet, detailed, and have a contemplative feel; Philip's are more boisterous and colorful. I have not read Canned Tuna Fish and Peas on Toast yet, but I will remedy that shortly!


A Sick Day for Amos McGee

Jonathan and the Big Blue Boat 

And Then It's Spring (author: Julie Fogliano)

Bear Has a Story to Tell 

A  Home for Bird

Canned Tuna Fish and Peas on Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Prove you're a real person, please.