Saturday, November 10, 2012

Literary tins

Just for fun, here is what I did with some empty tea tins that I wanted to reuse.


Start with these.


Add these.

And here is the result!


I simply attached the paper to the tin using mod podge, then brushed four or five layers over top to seal it, letting the mod podge dry between layers.

Now I can lightly rinse the inside and it will dry without damaging the paper (but don't get it too wet otherwise). I'm considering adding further details: illustrations from damaged copies of favorite books purchased at library booksales, or memorable quotes or verses. For tea identification, I might simply use a removable label on the bottom, or put a slip of paper inside.
Fun, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Prove you're a real person, please.